Halloween is one of the most neighborly holidays of them all, and that’s why all of us at Nextdoor are excited to start preparing. Get out your pumpkins, cobwebs, and candy while we go over some tips to make your Halloween the best yet.
- Plan out your routes for trick-or-treating. Make sure you have a secure route ahead of time by using the Nextdoor Treat Map to find the safest and most efficient route to all your favorite sweet treats.
- Dress to impress, but stay safe. When deciding on costumes this year, be mindful they don’t drag on the floor, are reflective, and are comfortable for kids and adults alike.
- Keep an eye on candy. Beware of candy that is unwrapped, has loose wrapping, or is homemade. Small children are advised against hard candy as it is a choking hazard.
- Host a Halloween event with neighbors. Gather all the neighborhood ghouls and goblins together for a movie screening under the full moon or indicate on the Treat Map that you’re hosting a haunted house.
- Decorate in numbers. Planning on having a haunted house? Want to add decorations to your front yard and community? Team up with other neighbors in your community to share inspiration and resources. Post on Nextdoor to organize a decorating effort and coordinate your spooktastic display!
From all of us at Nextdoor, we hope you have a safe and spooky Halloween. Tune in throughout the month as we share more tips on how to celebrate All Hallow’s Eve.
Join your neighborhood on Nextdoor here.
Do you have a story about how you’ve used Nextdoor in your neighborhood? Let us know.
Leave a Comment