To help your Nextdoor neighborhood grow and reach more neighbors, here are 10 easy things you can do that have been effective in other neighborhoods:
- Check the directory map to make sure all the neighbors on your block have been invited.
- If you don’t know your neighbor’s email address, leave a flyer at their door. We can also send them a postcard for you – for free.
- Welcome every new member and ask them to invite their next door neighbors.
- Post invitation tear-off flyers on bulletin boards around your neighborhood.
- Leave stacks of flyers at your local library, gym, coffee shop – wherever people in the neighborhood congregate.
- Send an email invitation to all neighborhood groups/email lists you belong to.
- Place a Nextdoor window sign in your front window.
- Ask your favorite local business to put up a Nextdoor window sign.
- Walk the neighborhood on weekends and hand out Nextdoor business cards to neighbors you run into.
- Host a neighborhood potluck, coffee, or other event and encourage members to bring new neighbors.
We’d love to hear how you’ve successfully grown your Nextdoor neighborhood. Comment below or contact us here to let us know what’s worked for you.