The holiday season is officially upon us and neighbors across the country are decking the halls and filling their neighborhoods with holiday cheer.
This year, to help make it easier to find the best decorations in town, Nextdoor’s holiday Cheer Map is back, which allows neighbors to mark their homes with a holiday lights icon to let neighbors know they plan to decorate for the holidays.
All neighbors, regardless of the holiday they plan to celebrate, can take part in the Cheer Map to spread holiday cheer. The map, which is available on web, iPhone, or Android, can be taken on the go to help neighbors identify which areas of their neighborhood will be decked out with holiday decorations and worth checking out.
And, this year, our friends at JCPenney are sponsoring the Cheer Map to help neighbors find the best home decorations, holiday gifts, and more. Visit the Cheer Map to add your home and discover your nearest JCPenney location.
To add your home to the Cheer Map on web:
- Visit your neighborhood map by tapping on the Cheer Map icon in the upper right corner of your Nextdoor homepage.
- A pop-up window should appear over your address on the map, asking “Will you be decorating your home for the holidays?” (If the window doesn’t appear, click on your address.) Select ‘I will!’, or ‘Not this year’, then click Continue.
- If you’ve selected ‘I will!’, a ‘Lights and displays’ icon will be placed on your house on the map.
To add your home to the Cheer Map on iPhone or Android:
- Visit your neighborhood map by tapping the ‘more’ icon in the lower right corner of your Nextdoor homepage, then tapping Cheer map.
- The next screen asks if you are decorating your home for the holidays this year. If you select ‘I will!’ a ‘Lights and displays’ icon will be placed on your house on the map. You can tap “Continue” to see it on the map.
- If you’d rather not say, you can tap “Skip” to see the map of houses that will have holiday lights and displays this season.
From all of us at Nextdoor, we hope you have a holiday season that’s filled with good tidings and cheer!