It’s the most wonderful time of the year and neighbors everywhere are spreading holiday cheer. No matter which holiday you celebrate, bring joy to your neighborhood with Nextdoor’s Cheer Map!
The Cheer Map is your go-to guide for discovering the best decorations around town. Whether your home is decked out in glimmer and shimmer or lights that brighten up the night, mark your home on the Cheer Map to let neighbors know you will be decorating this season. The Cheer Map can also be taken on the go with the Nextdoor App to find which neighborhoods near you have the most holiday spirit.
Spread some holiday cheer this season by adding your home to the Cheer Map and be sure to tell your neighbors to do the same – the more the merrier!
To add your home to the Cheer Map on web:
- Go to www.nextdoor.com/cheer or click on the Cheer Map icon in the upper right corner of your Nextdoor homepage.
- A pop-up window should appear over your address on the map, asking “Will you be decorating your home for the holidays?” (If the window doesn’t appear, click on your address.) Select ‘I will!’, or ‘Not this year’, then click Continue.
- If you’ve selected ‘I will!’, a ‘Lights and displays’ icon will be placed on your house on the map.
To add your home to the Cheer Map on iPhone or Android:
- Tap the ‘more’ icon in the lower right corner of your Nextdoor Newsfeed, then tap Cheer map.
- The next screen asks if you are decorating your home for the holidays this year. If you’d rather not say, you can tap “Skip” to see the map of houses that will have holiday lights and displays this season.
- If you’ve selected ‘I will!’ a ‘Lights and displays’ icon will be placed on your house on the map. You can tap “Continue” to see it on the map.
From all of us at Nextdoor, we wish you a holiday filled with cheer!
There’s no Cheer Map Icon on my page
Hi Melanie, I had no Cheer Map on my phone till I updated the app and then looked under more. Hope this helps.
Im wanting to know if anybody wanted to donate any toys ages 11 and 7 boys and i have a little girl shes 2 if anybody can help out this christmas with a donation i would gladly appreciate it thanks.may god bless who ever is willing to help me out.
I would like to help
Just wanted to know if you have enough gifts for your children yet. If not please tell me how I can help out.
The Cheer Map Icon is not available for our neighborhood. I have tried all your tutorials and the only on that gives me the opportunity to select the link st the top of this page: https://blog.nextdoor.com/2019/12/01/tis-the-season-for-nextdoors-holiday-cheer-map/
I am not decorating outside this year – hope to get something set up for next year.
Hi. I love this idea! I make Wood Flower Arrangements, Wreaths and swags and Bridal work. So if anyone needs more decorations for their home. Let me know. I’m right on Emerald Cove Shannon River neighbored. Can’t wait to see our pretty neighborhood even prettier!!!
Our home is decorated inside and out.
If you need lights visit http://www.christmaslightsetc.com local company in Alpharetta great selection
We wish to thank you all over again for the gorgeous ideas you gave Jeremy when preparing her post-graduate
research and, most importantly, regarding providing each of the ideas in one blog post.
Provided we had known of your web-site a year ago, i’d have been saved the useless measures we were taking.
Thanks to you.
When will the Cheer Map come down for the season?
I’ve been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this
website. Thank you, I’ll try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?