We want to see what you love most about your local neighborhood.
Today, Nextdoor is launching the 2022 #LoveYourNeighborhood photography contest, a special initiative inviting neighbors to share the local flavor, faces, and beauty of their neighborhoods.
Photos will be evaluated based on five different categories:
- FacesOfTheNeighborhood: Taking a close-up of the character of the neighborhood, photos that feature at least one person
- #NaturalWonders: A close up of a flower, a quiet moment at the lake – photos that feature flora, fauna, or a local body of water
- #SunriseSunset: From the first flicker of sunrise to the glow of ‘golden hour’, images that capture these two special times of day in a neighborhood
- #Cityscape: A covered bridge, a towering skyscraper, a well-loved treehouse – any image that features a man-made structure
- #LocalFave: Celebrating the one-of-a-kind features of a neighborhood – from murals, a local shop or business, a festival or parade
Neighbors can enter as many times as they like using the hashtag #LoveYourNeighborhoodContest and including one of the above category hashtags that best describes their entry. Every post may be a chance to win awesome prizes!
The overall grand prize winning photo will be featured in a four-week campaign on Nextdoor within their city, and receive a prize package including a new Nikon digital camera, MasterClass subscription, a commemorative coffee table book featuring a selection of entries from the competition, and $500 in gift vouchers. Four finalists will also receive a prize package.
The #LoveYourNeighborhood contest kicks off today, with entries accepted until November 20. A panel of judges from the Nextdoor community, including CEO Sarah Friar will select the finalists from the pool of entries. Finalists will be revealed on the platform on November 23, inviting neighbors to cast a vote for their favorite. The results, winners, and images will be revealed on November 29, 2022.
For more information about how to participate, prizing, and terms and conditions, visit nextdoor.com/LYN.
To connect with your local neighborhood, download the app or login at nextdoor.com.