At Nextdoor, we believe that when neighbors start talking, good things happen – and this Veterans Day is no exception.
There are many ways to show your appreciation and give back to those who have served. We’ve made a list of ways you can use Nextdoor to say thank you this Veterans Day.
- Host an event with neighbors. Gather your community together to say thanks this Veterans Day by hosting a local parade, block party, or potluck in honor of your local vets. Invite them to be guests of honor and to meet neighbors in the community.
- Learn about their stories. Get to know your local veterans by learning more about their lives and stories. Neighbors in Raleigh used Nextdoor to connect with a World War II veteran, Clyde Garner, on Nextdoor to do just that!
- Send a care package or a letter. Create a poll asking neighbors how they would like to show their support for veterans and organize the community to participate in building care packages or writing letters to local veterans near you.
- Create a veterans group in your neighborhood. Use Nextdoor to find and connect with both veterans and neighbors alike who are interested in discussing how to best support and celebrate the veterans in your neighborhood.
- Volunteer to help. After returning from service, veterans may need assistance, but might not have anyone to ask. Post to Nextdoor to offer assistance, whether it’s to offer a ride to an upcoming doctor’s appointment, donate frequent flyer miles, sponsor a companion dog for veterans with PTSD, or even help rebuild a home for an injured vet.
From all of us at Nextdoor, we want to thank all of our brave neighbors – close and far – who have served.
Join your neighborhood on Nextdoor here.
Do you have a story about how you’ve used Nextdoor in your neighborhood? Let us know.